We’re delighted to confirm that we are planning a Wanstead Fringe for 2021. It may be a bit different from what you’re used to, but we’re going to do our best to make it happen – we are just as keen as everyone else to have a bit of in-person culture.
The dates are 3-19 September – a whole fortnight! – and for the first time include the date of the Wanstead Festival, which will take place on 12 September.
Want to run an event? We want to hear from you
- The Fringe depends on all sorts of people running their own cultural events (talks, music, demonstrations, food, art etc).
- You are free to sell tickets for your event if you need to – the Fringe itself doesn’t take a cut – but however you organise your event, you are the organiser.
- We can sell tickets via our website on your behalf, and we do lots of publicity to help make your event a success. All the arrangements for the event including things like venues, performers, risk assessment and, if necessary, insurance, are the organiser’s responsibility. We can help and advise you on this.
- To make things as COVID-safe as possible we are recommending this year that where possible events should be held outside. If they are indoors, they should be small events and should respect whatever social distancing guidelines are in place at the time.
- If you have an idea for an event, please do get in touch with us as soon as possible using the form below.
- If you would like to volunteer to help, we would also love to hear from you. Again, use the form.